On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 23:04 +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > During all that time, SyncEvolution has had a functional SyncML
> > implementation and backends for the PIM storage in MeeGo...
>
> Here is what they said:
>
> Sync via Bluetooth isn't well supported at the moment. We allow importing
> contacts from another device, and adding capability to import calendars via
> Bluetooth is work-in-progress (see
> https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugins/merge_requests/1 and
> MER#1222 for that), but true synchronisation via Bluetooth is significantly
> more difficult to achieve with the current stack.

Reminds me of the discussions we had about comparing Bueto with
SyncEvolution. SyncEvolution always had a strong focus on actually
making syncing work (and yes, that gets ugly sometimes), while Buteo was
a "cleanly designed" framework which avoided doing any of the hard work
and delegated that to "plugins". In other words, it didn't actually
solve the problems. Too late to say "told you so" now, there's literally
no-one left from those discussions and it wouldn't matter anyway.

> I guess I have to wait, or get involved. I asked why not use syncevolution?
> but still it would need a backend ... I don't know when I'll be able to
> have a look into the sdk and mer

I don't know how much current PIM storage in SailFish OS has diverged
from MeeGo; for MeeGo, kcalextended and qtcontacts were the relevant
backends.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.