On 16/11/16 08:43, Tino Mettler wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 08:16:29 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> while Buteo was a "cleanly designed" framework which avoided doing
>> any of the hard work and delegated that to "plugins".  In other
>> words, it didn't actually solve the problems.
>
> OpenSync reloaded? :-)

Oooh, a bit of a low blow :-)

I certainly learnt a lot from spending quite a lot of effort trying to
make OpenSync work!  The main one (and the main reason I am here) is
that sync is **really** hard to do in the general case.

Syncevolution does a great job on two-way sync but it would be really
good to solve the multi-way problem one day :-) But that would require
some significant work by a team who are willing to look at and learn
from all the previous attempts. I sometimes wish Philippe Kahn had not
lost interest in sync.