Now that it appears Hicham El Guerrouj may leave the 1500m for longer
distances (although he postponed that move in Zurich), I decided to look
back on his championship career and that of his predecessor, Noureddine
Morceli. The impetus for this was a re-reading of Track and Field News'
1997 WC edition. In the story on the 1500m, won by El Guerrouj with