Alan,
Great analysis! A little unfair to ElG to use the "championship rabbit"
excuse as his winning strategy. After all in a rabbited race, anyone can use
the services of the said rabbit. If all the runners know that ElG is the man
to beat, and they use the rabbit as much as he does, I dont see any extra
advantage he may have over anyone else..except the rabbit!
Radcliffe may have benefitted if she had tucked in behind the Ethiopian
runners for a few laps and made them share the work load..it was a tactical
mistake.
Bob