On 30/3/21 5:04 pm, scsijon wrote:

I won't be communicating anything inline with this for a day or two, i'd forgotten how slow one core is.

On 30/3/21 1:14 pm, scsijon wrote:

Since I now have a working 20-minimal packageset built, next is to up it to 40-minimal-xorg.

First Error

Something doesn't like -j2, (2 cores) 3-binutils fails with libtool errors, even though there is a work around for this already configured in it. I have tried with a few other fixes, but still fails so going to restart the whole build set as 1 core and see what happens.

Ok, that didn't work except for a SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW build until it stopped.

Started again back on 2 cores and >

0- with a bit of pre-read after the initial 40-~ fail rounds, I decided to add a -j1 to libtool.desc as it hasn't a libtool.conf (line 32 from binutils.conf with a [O] at the start of the line), libtool builds anyway, but problems have been found with other package builds sometimes if you don't, it seems to be the recomended fix.

1- binutils build problem - A mod to the binutils.conf to # out the --enable-shared line 28, it now builds and works for now, just means binutils is static so I don't know what problems will appear for later packages. There is quite a lot on the web about this problem, it seems that it's relevant to all the 2.36.x series with various work arounds, problem seems to be fixed with removing  any of "--enable-shared", or "-fno-plt" from CFLAGS, or "-Wl,-z,now" from LDFLAGS. I've taken the first option as we had it in our binutils.conf, which is what most people/linux-versions seem to have done and recomend at this point of time. There is a bugzilla on this one, 27360 (plus others linked), suppose to be fixed next version as i read it.

2- xorg-video-intel is failing again, i'm yet to start to get to the bottom of this one, had it in the past and don't remember the fix, need to look up the past build logs and see what was done.

3- libevdev, now needs doxygen to build, i've added it in the libevdev.cache and it built ok

4- nfs-utils, line needs adding in the nf-utils.conf to add a new line 17 as>

var_append extraconfopt '  '  "--with-rpcgen"

apparently now needed if rpcgen isn't installed and 40-minimal-xorg doesn't install the ?relevant package. Later we will have to make it a conditional of course.

5- 5-linux is failing, something about /lib/udev but I wanted to get some of the others working first so i didn't worry about it, we don't use t2's linux package with the Puppy linux series anyway, but I like it to build as a check of the overall build.

and that's the stage i'm up too,

time for breakfast/brunch and a sleep

scsijon