On 02/16/2011 11:59 PM, James Mast wrote:
> I'm just curious here, but is there a general consensus on how to tag
> roads that have 3+ lanes that have 1 or more lanes that change direction
> at certain times while still leaving at least one lane going in each
> direction?  You know, kinda like the Lions Gate Bridge
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_Gate_Bridge) where the center lane
> changes direction to favor the traffic flow at specific times during the
> day?  "oneway=reversible" doesn't really work in this case unless we
> ever have a lane proposal that's approved.

Using the Lion's Gate example, the outside lanes are only able to
display a red X on the contraflow direction, with only the center lane
changing directions (though the two "right" lanes when facing the
"fronts" of the signal gantries are able to display both colored arrows
and red X to indicate lane closures even though the outside lanes aren't
capable of reversing).  This is a single way that is never completely
one-way.

A better example would be the George Massey Tunnel on 99, which omits
the oneway= tag completely on both motorways in the contraflow sections.