On 2/21/11 9:10 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:
On 02/20/2011 08:57 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
On 2/20/11 8:51 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
On 02/19/2011 08:08 PM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
Don't we want to break existing consumers if they might route people the
wrong way down a one-way highway?
This whole question suggests that we're somehow responsible for data
consumers paying more attention to their navigation than what's out
their windshield, which is an entirely specious argument for obvious
reasons.
well, on the other hand, GPS users have been known to sue when the
GPS led them to do stupid things. irrespective of whether the mythical
"we" are responsible, the lawsuit still has to be defended.
I do believe the "where's your brain?" defense still works successfully,
ie, "who's the licensed driver doing the thinking here?  You or the
computer?"
you have completely missed the point. no matter what defense works,

you _still_ have to spend money to defend the suit. there is no predicting
how long that will take and how much it will cost.

richard