On 21/02/2011 02:51, Paul Johnson wrote:
This whole question suggests that we're somehow responsible for data
consumers paying more attention to their navigation than what's out
their windshield, which is an entirely specious argument for obvious
reasons.
OSM officially only does the data, not the rendering. If we tag this as oneway=reversible (or any other explicit value which does not imply we know the flow direction at any point in time) then we have done our bit to address any potential liability on this point IMHO. The current routing engines (and also preprocessors like mkgmap) are unfortunately not always capable of processing complex turn restrictions, access restrictions etc.and so are always likely to some extent to suggest an unsuitable route. Let's get the underlying data straight, AND do what we can to get the "consumers" of the data to fix up their end.

Colin