From: Nathan Edgars II [mailto:nerou...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:54 PM
To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Counterflow Lanes

On 2/19/2011 4:33 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> A better example would be the George Massey Tunnel on 99, which omits
> the oneway= tag completely on both motorways in the contraflow sections.

According to the wiki, highway=motorway* implies oneway=yes (meaning it's
always oneway in the drawn direction), so you'd need a oneway tag to
override this. But oneway=no is incorrect; oneway=reversible is a reasonable
replacement when it's sometimes oneway=yes, sometimes oneway=-1, and maybe
sometimes oneway=no. Other tags could then be used to indicate when it's
oneway in which direction (if the times are fixed).