Stephen Hope <slh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 November 2011 16:00, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> Don't know, but it is certainly not tidal_road, as that proposal says
> "a road that gets tidally flooded".  You are not describing a road.
>
> What would you classify it as if the same way happened to be inland,
> with no tides involved? Figure that out, then we'll be getting
> somewhere
>

> Stephen
>

> > What would the correct highway classification be for an Oregon
> beach?
> > These fall under the Oregon Department of Transportation's
> jurisdiction
> > despite not being improved for vehicular use (and trying will
> seriously
> > screw up a bicycle, based on experience).

It sounds like the beach might be classed as a track, in that case.  I assume
that the dunes, if any, would be classified differently than the water's edge.
From my (admittedly limited) knowledge of reegulations elsewhere, driving, or
even walking, on dunes is usually forbidden because damaging any vegetation
will allow the dune to shift position.

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to