2012/9/13 Martin Vonwald <imagic....@gmail.com>:
> Am 13.09.2012 um 21:30 schrieb "John F. Eldredge" <j...@jfeldredge.com>:
> Obviously there is no tag for it ;-) So I'll try to find some english
> speaking horse experts which may confirm or deny if this kind of area is in
> fact called open stable in english.

the most important google hits are from german sites, I guess "open
stable" is a translation of "Offenstall" that doesn't seem to work
(sorry, just interpreting the comments from native English speakers in
this thread).

> Assuming it is the correct term: what would be the most fitting key? I would
> use landuse.

-1, IMHO it would be better to tag a less specific landuse (like
farmland or farmyard for instance). A suitable key might be "animal"
(look it up in the wiki), together with horse=yes.

cheers,
Martin