There are no approved tags in OSM. You can use any tag you want, so if the
childcare tags suit you, use them.

I agree that discussion and documentation are very helpful, but a few negative
votes (even thousands of negative votes) cannot stop the tag being used. There
are no tag police, no approval committee and no one with any right to force
tags to conform. If you use an unusual tag it will simply be ignored by
renderers and other data consumers, but if it becomes popular they may well
start to use it. Tag use has to start somewhere and that is not simply a vote
from a handful of unrepresentative people in the wiki.

Cheers, Chris
User: chillly