>>I propose to move "psv" (including "taxi" and "bus") from the vehicle classes
>>section to the section "by use", because that's what it is.
>I agree. (Usage, that relies on the current hierarchy should be limited to
>non-existent)

Country differences again. Around here (Finland) all signs(* refer to just
vehicles registered as a bus, even those that allow buses and taxis on their
own lanes. Effectively nobody would try to use a "personal bus" anyway, because
the extra running costs, costly and time consuming extra driver's licence, and
difficulties in finding parking spaces would totally kill any time gains one
could get from using bus lanes. I'm quite certain there are other countries,
too, where the general reference to "bus" means and should mean all bus
vehicles.

Until October 2009 psv used to be described in the wiki with "e.g. buses", not
"i.e. buses" and the GB dwellers had to repeatedly explain that it's a term
they use to mean both buses and taxis, with nobody stating "just official
transit buses on their route". At the moment, as the descriptions are, there's
no tag that states "vehicles registered as a bus", some have narrowed the 'bus'
tag down to denote "a bus acting as a public service vehicle" only.

*) I've seen only a few exceptions, signs stating something like "no left turn,
except line NN buses"

--
Alv