2014/1/17 Gerald Weber <gwebe...@gmail.com>

> But why only roads?
>
> So why not a more generic tag to alert people about all sorts of problems?

Oh please restrict that to official warnings! I can already see thousands
of hazard tags of
concerned citizens warning me about every ditch in the road, cold weather
in the mountains, darkness at night, passages that are slightly to small
for THEIR car, explicit grafiti content on their favorite bus stop ....

I really don't want to see OSM filled with their personal commented edition
of the world.

So if you think that the pebbles on the beach are a bit to pointy for bare
feet -> go to tripadvisor
If there is a warning sign about undercurrents or shark attacks -> OSM
welcomes your addition.

my ranty 2 cents,

Chaos