> This is @
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/281165129#map=18/50.52934/5.81330&layers=D
> Look at Le Stockis : residential -> track -> path transitions in the
> circles where they meet.
> Compare with the IGN map on the right.
> Ask anyone without hinting them by the topology which is track and which
> is path.
>
> Note that you should still use highway=unclassified that are used for
>  purposes other than agricultural/forest tracks, even if the roads are
>  unsurfaced.
>
>  The tracks you see are one in the forest and the other an access to a
> meadow.
> Are you suggesting to tag them for the renderer as unclassified?

No. In this particular example, the tagging is fine and tagging them as
unclassified would be a mistake.

> "don't tag for the renderer, ask for a fix" they keep repeating, and
> here's the result.
> Isn't this request sensible?
> Anyone backing it?
> Please reopen.

If you feel strong about it, I would encourage you to open a new issue on
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto, the issue tracker of
the CartoCSS used on openstreetmap.org. In general, any new issues with the
rendering of the map on openstreetmap.org should be reported there. Please
note that the Mapnik category on trac is obsolete - we are in the process
of migrating old issues.

-- Matthijs