Hi,

On 09/02/2014 11:39 PM, Rob Nickerson wrote:
> This is not a tagging for the render issue - we are
> missing a valuable tag to describe the type of business.

I wonder - and have wondered the same for the existing universes of
shop= and office= - where will this end?

I mean, it is not impossible to have a fork lift hire company that only
rents out fork lifts in numbers of 10 or more, that on the side also has
an "adventure" business arm where on the weekends, families can practice
fork lifting, and also offers consulting for large fork lift operations.
And bakes pretzels.

Do we aim to capture every possible business model with our tags? Do we
aim to be the ultimate business directory where someone who needs two
fork lifts for 14 days can find out where exactly he can get two (not
only one) fork lifts for 14 days (not only monthly), and so on?

I'm inclined to say: let's keep it as generic as possible - but then
what is the right generic term for a fork lift hire company? Is it "some
kind of vehicle hire"? If they rent out earth-moving equipment, are they
"some kind of vehicle hire" or rather "some kind of construction business"?

Mappers will always find it easier to tag the concrete thing they see
rather than make the mental abstraction to find out what the generic
version is. But we can't have a catalogue of tens of thousands of
business types (none of which would cover the fork hire with optional
pretzels anyway),

Bye
Frederik