> Il giorno 03/set/2014, alle ore 14:25, Zecke <z...@saeuferleber.de> ha
> scritto:
>
> Currently in OSM we have two tags to describe some kind of slope that also
> get rendered in the mapnik chart and a couple of others:
> natural=cliff
> embankment (in the form man_made=embankment (feature) and embankment=yes
> (attribute))

not sure if a cliff qualifies as slope in English, but there is also cutting to
define slopes.

I agree that cutting and embankment are meant to be attributes for other ways
they apply to (like railway or highway), and there might be room for another,
more generic key to use independently to describe the terrain.

My proposal would be barrier=slope (implied or maybe not, by embankment and
cutting).

cheers,
Martin