Hm hm, somebody could not wait to start the page ;-)
I went through the mail thread so far, and tried to populate the
Talk page with some of the arguments, please add if I missed a point.
Maybe Martin could add some arguments why =public_administration
should be preferred?

tom

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2014-11-04 11:06:

> I'm opposing "civil" or "civic" by the definitions you cited above,
[...]
> What about using more specific definitions, e.g.
landuse=public_administration?

johnw wrote on 2014-11-04 03:56:
Assembling a draft page. it is my first "draft page", so my syntax is kinda
crap.
> I will be working on the details of the proposal later today.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/landuse%3Dcivic

Javbw