> On Oct 19, 2015, at 12:39 AM, Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Trade is more an access tag, you can have a shop=motor_spares for
> example. Some are open to the public,

Is that really implied in the trade tag?

I understand if you need a license or certification to buy parts - but a shop
is still a shop.

Shouldn't access restrictions be in access?

In Japan 99% of car parts require a mechanics license (or similar) to buy. If I
wanted to do anything other than change the oil, I am out of luck. This is the
same situation for buying electrical sub-panels for a house, or large plumbing
fixtures - DIY stores and automotive stores in Japan have huge sections
missing.

In America, I can pretty much buy and do any repair I am comfortable doing.
Many things I could access at a DIY store (Home Depot) or at a specialty shop
for professionals are not accessible to access=customer here.

Therefore, A small specialty store that caters to professionals, or a small
office of a specialty tradesmen may have very different levels of "access"
depending on country.

Warehouse stores have memberships (Costco) - but are still widely used (i would
still consider it access=customers)

But maybe we need an access=membership or access=certified for these kinds of
cases.

Moving the access to um, access seems appropriate.

Javbw