On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 07:29:02PM +0900, johnw wrote:

> > On Oct 25, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Ineiev <ine...@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> >> In my eyes it is the same case as with a
> >> railway=level_crossing. We map it as a node (and only as a node).
> >> Did I miss something?
> >
> > In this case, the highway and the railway share the same level.
>
> +1
>
> the rail and road share an intersection. it is a level crossing. The whole
> point of a level crossing is to say “Hey!” the road and train meet here!
> that’s why they share the node.

it is not that simple. Ways covered by objects are mapped as having shared nodes
with the object covering them. Pylons connect objects/ways of different layers
and
are frequently mapped as nodes.

Nodes and layer are difficult. Usually "layer" on a node does not make
sense but can be defined to have a special meaning.

Richard