On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 10:32:14PM +0200, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> Michał Brzozowski wrote on 2016/04/16 20:03:
> >I think you miss the point. When there's no service key, you have no
> >idea whether it doesn't fit in the current set of (parking_aisle,
> >driveway...), or it is indeed but hasn't been tagged because the
> >mapper didn't provide this information. It's an informational
> >consistency problem, peculiarity of the way we handle things, namely
> >non-distinction between "inapplicable" and "unknown".

I seldom use a service subtag except parking_aisle because I don't
quite know what "driveway" or "alley" means. I am a GB native English speaker.
These are not defined on the Key:service page. In GB English, an alley
would normally be tagged as a footway.

The vast majority of service roads that I tag are not in car parks,
so I simply omit any subtag.

So I suggest that the existing sub tags need clear definitions before
more values are defined. If there are to be further sub tags, let them
be defined clearly. I don't think that has been done yet in this thread.

ael