> Il giorno 03 lug 2016, alle ore 10:44, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl>
ha scritto:

> We just need a system for this to be classified and tagged in OSM. Is it
for the "elderly", "physically disabled", "mentally ill", "terminally ill",
or what?

actually the amenity=social_facilty tag works exactly like that. There are
subtags to combine different aspects into a whole. What you are likely
looking for is social_facility:for=*
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:social_facility:for

It is one of the achievements of the new tagging style for social
facilities (and what falls under this term according to OSM's definitions)
 to have created this small "vocabulary" of distinct properties which
together make up the meaning. It is also its weak side on the other hand,
because someone with a database like Carto-OSM (the main OSM map) can now
not see from the available tags if something is a soup kitchen, a daycare,
a workshop or a nursing home. They just see that it is some kind of social
facility (until they restructure their database and are able to see the
important details).

Obviously we will eventually have to settle on tagging for these attributes
> - if anyone wants them in OSM - but that comes after we have a think about
> how we decide to model them. Let us not rush to find a solution to the
> tagging question before we have explored, understood and analyzed the
> subject a bit more.

actually, as part of these requirements you name are already there, I'd
rather rush to fill the (important) gaps like "retirement home" (as social
facility typological category) or at least remove the bogus recommendation
from the wiki to tag these generally as "group homes" or "assisted living",
which they aren't (at least not all of them), and encourage people to stick
to the established tag (amenity=retirement_home) until the social facility
multitag-approach gets amended with the required valus.

Cheers,
Martin