Then, to make matters more confusing, there is the discrepancy between the
tagging for shop=bicycle and shop=motorcycle offered in the JOSM presets
under Transport. Note that the motorcycle tagging offers in addition to
yes/no, "brand" as a value for sale, rental, repair, parts, and clothes.
Also, there is a fourth very strange value offered for repair and parts,
"old_timer", whatever the hell that is. It's a very messy system

name=Bike Shop
service:bicycle:cleaning=yes
service:bicycle:diy=yes
service:bicycle:pump=yes
service:bicycle:rental=yes
service:bicycle:repair=yes
service:bicycle:retail=yes
service:bicycle:second_hand=yes
shop=bicycle

brand=BMW
clothes=yes
name=BMW Motorcycle Shop
opening_hours=24/7
parts=brand
rental=yes
repair=no
safety_inspection=no
sale=yes
second_hand=only
services=Note for service information
shop=motorcycle
wheelchair=yes

The tag we're discussing now, service:bicycle:xx, is the form used for
bicycle shops but services="text description" is used for motorcycle shops.
The "services" tag is a mess as well IMO (see Taginfo
<http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=services%3D>) and I think its
use for motorcycle service is a mistake at best. Having such disagreement
and ambiguity built into JOSM makes the present situation difficult to
resolve at best.

Dave

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Holger Jeromin <gm...@katur.de> wrote:

> wille <wille....@gmail.com> Wrote in
>  message:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some days ago I made a pull request to iD editor with some fields to
> make it easy for the user to set the service:bicycle tags in Bicycle shops.
> Bryan Housel, iD main developer, proposed to use the same pattern to car
> repair and shop tags.
> >
> > Currently, the wiki recommendation is to tag the services offered by a
> car_shop or car_retail using service=dealer;repair;tyres;parts
> >

> Often the car repair has different opening hours (telephone or
>  other meta data) that's why I tag them as a separate poi:
>

> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4436235201
> --
> Holger
>

> ----Android NewsGroup Reader----