Hi,

On 11/17/2016 08:42 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I don't think it's appropriate to put into the main toolchain or map
> data in itself; would be better off as your own specialized mashup
> keeping in mind that enormous can of worms...

I agree; there are lots of other interesting things that might be useful
for routing, for example how likely it is to step into dog poo, how
rainy the weather is in an area, how loud during rush hour or how dark
at night; how accident-prone an intersection or how beautiful the
landscape. Some of these are clearly non objective, others can be
pseudo-objective like the crime figures but they'll often be biased, or
not comparable across jurisdictions or even cities... I think adding any
of this to OSM would move us away from being a database of easily
observable facts, into the realm where people will fight endlessly about
what the facts really are.

Let's not go there. Let's stick to "if two people cannot agree what to
put in OSM, let them meet at the place in question, see things with
their own eyes, and settle the argument". Anything that cannot be
resolved that way (or, by extension, through a photo or sending someone
else to go and look) will only cause trouble.

Bye
Frederik