On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Mark Wagner <mark+...@carnildo.com> wrote:
> I'd consider mapping it as a dual carriageway.  I don't know what the
> law is in Pennsylvania, but here in Idaho, a doubled double-yellow
> line is the legal equivalent of a physical barrier: you are not allowed
> to drive across it for any reason.

I would keep dual carriage way mapping for the cases with real
physical barriers (such as guard rails or kerbs) or different surfaces
(grass).
IMHO, you loose valuable information by not mentioning there is a
third lane in the middle.
Emergency vehicles might want to know this, planning of very wide load
transports might want to know this. Governments might need this
information, so they know they can divert traffic over the middle lane
in case of road works.
There might be other applications that find this information valuable.

regards

m.