Am 14.07.2017 um 14:32 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

    Have a look at this place "Siesel":
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.22209/7.90369
    <http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.22209/7.90369>. The
    hamlet is called Siesel and officially all the streets there do
not have a name (you can check on the "NRW-Atlas: ALKIS" layer that all streets are just designated "Weg" i. e. "Street"). From
    an official address point of view all houses there should have
    addr:place=Siesel and addr:housenumber=nn.

is "nn" meant to be literally the string "nn"? (btw: NN in German usage is a placeholder referring to people). In Italy, quite frequently in the countryside, there is the abbreviation "snc" to say "no housenumber", but I wouldn't add this in addr:housenumber as it's not a housenumber (you can find it in official lists in the housenumber field though).

Na. "nn" is meant to be a placeholder for the actual number: 12, 13, 14 etc.

    On the ground, tough, they have put up the usual German street
    name signs all showing "Siesel". So from an on the ground point of
    view all houses there should have addr:street=Siesel and
    addr:housenumber=nn. What to do now?

it's by definition we refuse to have both tags, as addr:place is defined for places without streetnames

Well that's the question here, isn't it? Is it by definition or not?

Tobi