> it's by definition we refuse to have both tags, as addr:place is defined
> for places without streetnames
>

> Well that's the question here, isn't it? Is it by definition or not?

that's what the wiki says: "Use addr:place instead of addr:street
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:street>=* for such buildings,
whose number belong not to a street, but to some other object." and in more
words: "Sometimes, addresses don't contain the name of any street. Some
addresses are made with the scheme "<name of some territory>, <number of
house>". It can be the name of a village, islands, territorial zone or any
other object (sometimes, there is no existing object with that name). If we
use this tag instead of addr:street
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:street>=*) for such
addresses, it will be better for understanding and for software."

Cheers,
Martin