Hello!

I have a similar problem with the tagging of "Zone 30" and other such
restrictions.

I understand that having the tag on every road makes it easier for
consumers.
I think that when a restriction is conceptually an area, it should be
marked as an area
because we should be making use of the fact that we have a geospatial
database.
A relationship feels a little like having the disadvantages of both
approaches -
you need to keep track of all road segments, but it is worse for consumers.

I'd like to know, if there is some generic way of tagging an area-based
restriction.
I know we already use it for low emission zones, but I'd like a general
version.
I understand the need for consumer-friendly tagging,
but couldn't we somehow solve that without tagging everything separately?

Full disclosure: I am a proponent of a system that would take a planet file
and apply some transformation rules in order to "decompress" it for
consumer use.
Stuff like "every road in this area is a 50km/h with source=cz:urban unless
otherwise stated".

Matej Lieskovský