On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:23 PM, Nick Bolten <nbol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that capacity:*=yes isn't as information-rich, it's just the
> convention listed on the wiki: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:
> capacity.

Not the convention but A convention.  More precisely, an option:
capacity:disabled=yes/no/number.

> I suppose it could help communicate different certainties in mapping.
> There is *some* value in knowing

whether any spaces are available, versus the exact number.

There's a benefit to knowing if there are/are not disabled spaces available
rather than not knowing at all.
But if you know the number it's far better to use that rather than "yes."

Combining `capacity:disabled=5` with `capacity:disabled:ramp=4` would imply
> that 1 disabled parking space doesn't have dedicated room for a van ramp,
> if I understand your question right.

That was what I had in mind.  Because capacity:disabled=5 and
capacity:disabled:ramp=yes would imply
they all have room for a ramp, which may not be the case (and it's probably
better to give the number for ramps
anyway, so there is no ambiguity).  Leaving room for a ramp means less room
for parking in general, so you
might get 5 disabled spaces and only 2 with room for ramps.

--
Paul