On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 6:11 PM, Dolly Andriatsiferana <
privatemaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I like the idea of keeping a namespace gathering utilities such as
> electricity, gas, internet or other. But the idea is also to be able to use
> a namespace for the utility to provide more details (source, voltage,
> fee...) or conditions (if there's schedule in availability) - and with
> *utility:electricity* this would easily generate a complex tagging of
> namespace under namespace, unless you say it is no problem to have
> *utility:electricity:voltage=** for example.

Note that there may be potential [heh] conflicts with existing tagging
schemes and existing proposals.  Not just
power_supply (mentioned earlier in the thread) but car charging
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dcharging_station and
camping sites
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site

It would be nice if, as far as possible, there is an attempt at
consistency  of terminology when addressing
certain concepts such as voltage, frequency and current rating.  Also
whether a supply is permanent (as in a house)
or uses a power receptacle (such as at a car charging station or a camping
site).

It would be a good idea to allow mappers to specify the earthing system
used (if known) using IEC terminology.  So
TN, TN-S, TN-C, TN-CS, TT, IT, etc.

--
Paul