W dniu 05.12.2018 o 23:50, marc marc pisze:
> school:FR is a visible sign of a failure of the global proposal for
> school reform at the global level, so no, I really wouldn't advise
> to do it again.

There's also additional, practical side of the problem, related to
"tagging for rendering".

Shops are kind of safe, because whatever shop you will tag, it will
render on default map with at least violet dot and a name. The same for
natural=water - one can add more detailed tag as lake or pond, but that
is not necessary - or building=*.

But many other objects are second class in OSM. In general we have no
separate keys for gastronomy or education, they are mostly in amenity=*
namespace, which is just a big basket for everything (and it looks like
nobody quite gets what is the real meaning of "amenity", so we could
define it). I have no idea how to tag bubble tea or juice bar, even if
they are quite uncomplicated cases for drinking something other than
coffee or an alcohol. It would be more coherent if I at last knew that
all such objects belong to gastronomy=* for example.

There are also some objects between - highways or waterways have their
own key, but if you try to add highway=escape, waterway=fish_pass, it
will not be visible, even if the are quite similar to other highways or
waterways. Yet it's much easier to add new types when there is a general
category for that.

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]