sent from a phone

On 13. Jan 2019, at 09:51, Dave Swarthout <daveswarth...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have no personal knowledge of the word caravan. To me, it makes no sense at
all to label anything having wheels as a caravan when everyone knows a caravan
is a string of freight-hauling camels negotiating the Sahara.

My dictionary;
A vehicle having 4 wheels pulled by a horse, traditionally inhabited by Romani
people, circus folk, etc.
A group of merchants or others travelling together, as for safety, especially
over deserts.

No mention of camels, yet that second definition fits there use.

I would have thought that the kiwis would stick to a strict British meaning of
the word.

if we’ll ever do osm 2.0 it might be worth considering German as language for
tags. Here it would be Wohnmobil and Wohnwagen and no association with camels
whatsoever. ;-)

There are 'programming languages'. If possible I'd go for a 'mapping language'
:)

I was rather proficient in machine language. Not practising that at all these
days.

However .. any new language will evolve and diverge, so it will eventually end
up like English ... confused.