Am Do., 7. März 2019 um 09:57 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com <mailto:joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>>:

    It's good that radio telescopes have been mentioned. While considering
    this issue, you should also take a look at towers with
    tower:type=communication and tower:construction=dish

    I'm not sure if it is sensible to tag a large satellite dish as a
    "tower" but that is currently an option that has been used
    occasionally.

I'm also aware that a common recommendation is to tag them as towers, but I would not see this as a good option, for "big/high structures" we could have a basic distinction already in the main tag (and these tags are also already used), e.g. cooling_tower, chimney, dish, lighthouse, bell_tower, water_tower, flagpole etc. rather than cramming everything into a big "pre-category", which isn't useful on its own anymore because of the very broad scope. If a tower is a structure that is higher than wide, some dishes could fall out. If you require a tower is a structure where people can go into or atop, a requirement that isn't currently set but isn't completely unreasonable either, dishes would also be excluded.

A tower of a mast could be used for lighting, or an antenna. Or flags, or a signal lamp ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Code_of_Signals

The tag mast or tower should not be assumed to indicate the presence of another feature.
OSM guide - one feature = one OSM entry.
So tag the mast/tower.. then add another entry for the antenna (or other feature).