On 18/06/19 20:16, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
On Jun 18, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are there any objections to man_made=hitching_point? I think it will be a
little used item.
If you search for "dog leash hitching post" you find a lot of different kinds
of things - and all of them look like something a horse could accidently destroy - and
would never keep them in such a spot if they yank if spooked.

Just like we have "bridleway" distinct from footway, I don't think we should use
"Hitching post", as it implies something to be used by hoses.

Man_made=pet_hitching_point would be my suggestion.

All the new Lawson convenience stores in Japan have one mounted outside, and
many pet parks also have them as well.

I will look up their brand name to provide more info. I have dejavu about this,
as I think I did this before for OSM.

I think that was for horses.. I came up with one for a pub/cafe/bakery  IIRC.

I also assume there is little overlap between these two features - one meant
for horses near a stable and one found at a suburban dog park or busy shop.

I agree that it might not get used very much at all, but I would separate
something meant to secure a dangerous animal the size of a car and and
something you walk on a leash and could carry in your arms.

You have not seen large dogs then. A relatives dog would pull my arm off
running up hill .. and it was not large...

Bruny Island now has laws that cats must be on leashes or restrained inside a
car outside their property. Could mean that cats will need hitching too.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-12/bruny-island-introduces-strict-new-cat-laws/11202024