On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 at 19:55, Rob Savoye <r...@senecass.com> wrote:

>   I agree it's trivial data, and probably the wrong tag. I was trying to
> cover cases were an individual camp_pitch may have a cell connection.
> Especially in widely distributed camp spots in the more remote parts of
> the western US, I occasionally find a camping spot with cell
> connectivity, and others may find that useful.

Cell connection isn't (necessarily) an internet connection.  More
importantly, WiFi
may be free or chargeable by the site operator but cellular internet is
something
you pay your ISP for.  Not the same thing at all.

Also, cellular connectivity changes as operators add towers or reconfigure
existing
ones.  There's also the consideration of whether there's 2G,  3G, 4G or
5G.  Probably
best left to one of the dedicated cellular mapping apps such as cellmapper
because
that info is a little more likely to be updated more frequently.

  Also note that in the US, most KOA and other commercial campgrounds
> have wifi. That coverage doesn't get to every camp_pitch though.

In the UK if a campground stated they offer WiFi and some pitches didn't
get it
there would be complaints.  Grounds for prosecution about misleading
advertising, even.

  And yes, I have definitely camped where there were ethernet and power
> cables running to many locations. :-)

With wired ethernet you have a point.  I've not seen any campgrounds here
offer
anything other than WiFI, though.

--
Paul