The correct value for WIFI access is "internet_access=wlan" - this is
distinct from cellular internet or a wired connection
("internat_access=wired"). See
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:internet_access

" there are global tags that don't need to be applied to
each individual camp_pitch. And that each camp_pitch within that
camp_site should only have the tag if it differs from the global value"

Sure. I was trying to mention something about that at the proposal:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties