On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 at 16:32, Joseph Eisenberg
<joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Usually the main land use should be the one that is most economically
> important, and also should take up the most land.

Most economically important including or excluding subsidies? In
Switzerland, farmers receive subsidies for standard trees because of
diversity and "landscape quality", that is, because it looks nice.
(I'm not joking.) They probably wouldn't plant standard trees or would
fell them if they didn't receive any subsidies.

Regarding "taking up the most land", the meadow seems to win at meadow orchards.