According to the wiki documentations, amenity=parking_space was
intended to be used inside of a larger amenity=parking feature.

So if there larger amenity=parking has capacity:disabled=4, you would
expect to find 4 amenity=parking_space features inside of it which are
available for disabled people.

If you use capacity:disabled on both features, this might lead to
double-counting.

- Joseph Eisenberg