Am Di., 19. Mai 2020 um 17:01 Uhr schrieb European Water Project <
europeanwaterproj...@gmail.com>:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Thank you for your message.
>
> I see where you are coming from, but forcing our contributors who want to
> take a photo of a fountain via our app to have wikimedia and openstreet map
> accounts while understandable is a non-starter.

sure, it could be an optional for those who do have these accounts
(frankly, I expect people that will contribute to your project to also have
these accounts, because it's always the same kind of people ;-) ). You
could still fallback to anonymous contributions if the people do not have
these accounts (maybe you can also upload pictures to commons by just
revealing your IP address?). A low hurdle possibility for OSM would be the
creation of notes (can be created anonymously, but also for notes it is
better to have an account attached to it, so you get feedback and can
answer questions).

Notes have the advantage that there is a very low hurdle to create them,
but they require additional action by our contributors, and they are not
attached to an object but to a position.

Cheers
Martin