Hi Martin,

you can store an image link on the OpenStreetMap object, this is also
usable to find the object after someone has copied the tags to another
object (e.g. node-> way/relation transformations), it will break if both,
the image changes and the OpenStreetMap id changes. Mappers might also
refrain from transferring the tags to e.g. a building if the image
explicitly refers to just something inside the building and is not suitable
for the whole building.

move the images to wikimedia commons, after manual curation, and add an
image link to the photo in the osm object that would be best.