Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking.

I do not want to send people to the node on OpenStreetMap via a url ... I
agree this would not be friendly to the user experience.

There are two places where it would be helpful to have a permanent id
associated with the osm object.

1) When a contributeur takes a  picture of a fountain via the web app image
capture feature :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XbYC1xwsjCySv1g9LPHx3zX07SNtCeuI
It would be nice to give a "permanent" link to the image to the user so
that they can save the image and share it with friends. I currently save
the image with a name closely related to the osm node id.

2) I would like to create a permanent link which when clicked takes the
user to a map centered at the osm object and then overlays a small popup
with the object features (including the image).

The simpler the solution the better.

Best regards,

Stuart