Nodes with roles in the route relation deserve another proposal to make it
"official". The CAI-project sounds promising, I will look into it once this
business is done! My wife is learning Italian, so maybe she can even
translate the text (into Dutch, for our post-corona hiking and biking
season?) :)
For the moment, I think it has no impact on this proposal.

I know that from a routing perspective, membership of the route relation
(any route relation for the transport mode) counts the most. Hikers tend to
have a different point of view, where the predefined named route and its
variants are more important. But again, that's a different discussion.

Best, Peter Elderson