On Sat, 30 May 2020 at 20:13, Tod Fitch <t...@fitchfamily.org> wrote:
> I’ve spent too much time recently trying to figure out how to better
> determine whether the ways I am rendering should be shown as an
> urban/suburban walkway versus a non-urban hiking trail (intentionally not
> using “footway” and “path” as words for this).

I realize this might not apply to your map, but just to give people
discussing path/trail semantics another data point:
urban ravine/hillside areas like
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/pcIl9nspFIi38uEDY5q_OA (this one is
300 m from a normal low-density neighbourhood) or
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/hHkS__YTVtqWYcg-l4kMGQ (this is up to
1 km walk in any direction from a "normal" urban street with a
sidewalk) or https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/rjjuiRG0giyX_kufNrX_mA
(300 m from a normal mid-density neighbourhood)

--Jarek