On 14/08/2020 17.57, António Madeira via Tagging wrote:
In this
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dmotorway#How_to_map>
section, I suggest changing the text:
"These ways should all point direction of travel and be tagged with
oneway=yes."

"These ways should all point direction of travel and imply oneway=yes
(like junction=roundabout), therefore the oneway tag is redundant and
should be avoided."

FWIW, I am also in favor of preferring explicit tagging; oneway={yes,no} says that someone paid enough attention to intentionally annotate the way thusly. An implicit tag is impossible to tell apart from an oversight. IMHO we should never, *ever* discourage adding explicit tags even if they are "superfluous".

(I even wish Osmose wouldn't complain about oneway=yes on roundabouts...)

--
Matthew