On 24/08/2020 01:12, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2020 at 23:45, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com <mailto:pla16...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Theyargued that name should be the name of the road and
    bridge:name should
    be used for the name of the bridge.  Which did nothing to change all
    the existing bridges mapped the old way, and didn't get incorporated
    in carto immediately (has it been, yet?)

No :-( Have just checked a few around here, & while the bridge renders as a bridge, the name isn't shown.

Some maps definitely will try and do sensible things with bridge:name etc. - see https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L3519 which results in https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=19&lat=54.051964&lon=-1.177194 for example.  I'm sure that isn't the only example.  I'm sure that OSM Carto will catch up with them at some point.

Best Regards,

Andy