On Fri, Oct 07, 2022 at 11:56:43AM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I would be interested to learn how you would call them, if "fountain" is
> not the correct term. Also I would like to add another example and ask
> whether that's a fountain for you:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevi_Fountain

Well, I am not an expert, just observing what I think is everyday
English usage. Experts will have proper terminology.

But no, I wouldn't call that a fountain. I would call it something like
a decoratve water feature, but that is very general nad vague.  But
there are not that many such things in the UK, so I think we lack common
terminology in this area.

But I amy be outraging architects who may well have an extensive terms
for such things....

ael