Thank you, I will close this long thread.

It makes no sense to keep talking about all these things here when the purpose was just the deprecation of man_made=drinking_fountain.

I'll open a new thread in which I'll try to write my ideas about all this in more detail in order to have a more in depth discussion about it.

About the deprecation of man_made=drinking_fountain: I'm in favour and I will vote to deprecate it.

I see no negative sides to the deprecation and just positive ones.

I feel that this whole discussion about british english is just derailing from the objective of identifying a proper scheme.

And so (as you, Davidoskky are a "primary recipient" I had in mind as I wrote
it), I explicitly please refer you here [1]:

(and thank you, and thanks to all for continuing to read this almost-tedious
thread).  I'm glad we do this, sometimes tiring and sometimes irritating it can
be, but it is very much worth it.

Let's remember:  there is a LOT going on in refining / improving / extending
tagging.  It can be hard work.