The idea behind clarifying the amenity=charging_station for a place where
there is one or more charge points, is that we use the same idea for
amenity=fuel where it just shows the place where there is one or more fuel
pump. Also most of the time for charging station in my area, it was already
tagged assuming that.

And it also seems logical to use "man_made" category to tag the individual
charge points as we do for fuel pumps.

At least, it would just be consistent between various similar tagging
schemes.

Regards,
Lionel