I would re-iterate Martin's assertion.

In Norway, we tag bicycle=designated/foot=designated when there is a traffic sign for cycleway/footway/combined. Implicit in this logic is that the consequence of the traffic sign is a different legal status compared to an unsigned road. A route sign is not a traffic sign and causes no change in legal status. We would not use =designated nor =yes merely because of a route sign. The route sign tells us to add a route relation to the way.

Jens