Martin Koppenhoefer:

IMHO, these markers have no legal meaning for accessibility (e.g. in Germany and Italy), but I am not familiar with Hungarian law. Generally, a route is mapped as a route (relation and/or lcn/rcn/ncn tags), while access (bicycle=designated) is mapped according to traffic signs (these route markers in jurisdictions I am aware of, are not "traffic signs" in this sense). Legally, there is nothing wrong with a bicycle route where cycling is not allowed (e.g. on short stretches), it just means you have to push.

I agree.

We had the discussion in Denmark, where some bicycle routes includes steps, typically on short stretches leading to tunnels or bridges crossing railway tracks. They are then tagged as highway=steps,bicycle=dismount. The flat part is tagged with e.g., bicycle=dismount,highway=path

Some have a footpath sign, but even for those that do not, it is obvious that even if you have a mountain-bike that could go over the steps, you really should not drive down steps where you could meet a trainload of passengers.

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen